STORY:
Our horses for some reason decided that they wanted to gallop. Maybe it was because they had been schelpping our heavy bottoms for 3 hours or maybe it was because they wanted to pee. Regardless, they TOOK OFF. That means full speed gallop as if a bee stung their bottoms and they needed to get outta there FAST. Mark is snoring now. I need to spice this up. Well then...
Our horses were hip and hip, our stirrups rubbing with each step, I could not take it. This was all too much fun and too funny that I started laughing. In the silliness I lost a stirrup and leaned forward to get it back but then my horse continued in its warp speed endeavor and it took the fatal step which launched me out of my saddle and into the air. I landed on the horse's neck and I grabbed hold out of fear as the beast pushed forward. I screamed for Mark to stop galloping (amazingly he did) and I yanked back on the reins and screamed 'Espera!' at my horse. It came to a stop with my whole body wrapped around its neck in a death grip which I was not about to release anytime soon. Our guide rode up and could not stop laughing about how I looked like I was from a cartoon. "It's like from a comic," he told me in a very uncomforting voice.
Thanks, Mr. Gaucho. I guess there goes my dream of becoming a cowgirl. Turns out I have the riding skills of a certain Beettle Bailey. (as told, very unenthusiastically, by Alexandra)
When I think of Mark as a crossing guard, I think of the perverted crossing guard in the movie "Dirty Work."
ReplyDeletewow. So glad I found your blog - I will now be able to live vicariously through you.
ReplyDelete